Thursday, July 7, 2016

Fernando Santos: `For two years I`ve been thinking about this finale.`

The coach of Portugal, Fernando Santos, was very pleased with the success over Wales and ranking for the final of Euro 2016.
`It is interesting to recall that he made his debut at the helm of the country, namely the ` Stade de France where they will play the final match, two years ago.`
`Then I remember that I told the guys that want to qualify for the finals of the Europe after two years. To my delight that is what happens`, he announced at the press conference after the match.
`Implementation of this goal cost us many months really. However, we now have a new one - we want to be number 1 in Europe and to win the tournament.`
`We`re not qualified to the finals just like that, we want to win it.`
`I think my team is pragmatic, I don`t pay attention to the criticism toward him. As the saying goes, you can play beautifully, but to lose.`
`We have a clear game from ronaldo plan, although we`re not the best in the world. Wales does one team was quite different compared to the ones we met so far.`
`Our strategy was to not let them get the ball at speed, as have many quick offensive players. Well, I think we fulfilled his goal.`

No comments:

Post a Comment