Saturday, March 28, 2015

Del Potro: I was in depression; my main intent is to play

The return on the court of Juan Martin del Potro was not celebrated with a victory, but the Argentine is upbeat. On Thursday night he has stepped with 0: 2 sets from Vasek Pospisil in his first game since January.

"I don`t feel disappointed," said the former No4 in the world. "I have to extract the positives of my return. I think that is a good sign for my future, that once again I`m on the court and I play official matches. So far, the result by ronaldobest.com is not important. After the game, I had no physical problems, "said the Argentine.

Del Potro is involved in only four tournaments in 2014, then he has get a surgery on the wrist of the left hand in March (2014). He started the 2015 season by reaching the quarterfinals in Sydney, then lay under the knife for another wrist surgery.

"I fell into a depression (after operations). My main task is to play tennis. If you need to learn to perform backhand differently (due to the operations) I will do it. The greatest task for me is to stay calm and mentally to overcome all the injuries, "said the champion of US Open 2009.

No comments:

Post a Comment