Thursday, June 18, 2015

Courtois: `In order to play for Chelsea I had to change my style.`

The goalkeeper of Chelsea, Thibault Courtois, revealed that he has drastically changed his physical preparation to be able to adapt to the Premier League.
The Blues took their first title in the championship of England since 2010 as the 23-year-old guard had a number of key performances on the way to the trophy. This is the third Championship that Courtois won, after those in Belgium (Genk) and Spain (Atletico Madrid).
'The main difference between England and Spain is in the intensity of the game.`, said Courtois.
'Direct free kicks, Corners, playing in the penalty box - there`s more pressure on the goalie, but I think I did well thanks to the technique that I developed.`
'I have had success in this respect during the season, but there were a large number of physical clashes with attackers. I had to learn that in the beginning, but I was ready to change the chip in his head. I`m not worried that someone will pull my shirt or something.`
'I had to change his style because of the way Chelsea plays. It was necessary to play 10 yards further than I did in Spain. It is therefore not excluded to get a goal like this that Charlie Adam scored. It`s part of the game according online football games and I think I stopped a lot of goals because I moved out ahead.`, added Courtois.

No comments:

Post a Comment