Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Murray resisted the provocations of Kyrgios

The champion of the US Open in 2012 - Andy Murray won his first match in New York. The third placed Briton beat the bad boy Nick Kyrgios with 7:5, 6:3, 4:6, 6:1.

It was the first match of the Australian, after the received conditional penalty of disqualification of 28 days and 25 thousand dollars. But the match was not observed by the ATP, because the Grand Slam are under the auspices of the ITF. The tennis player from Canberra will be scrutinized in the next six months.

Murray scored 18 aces in the match and saved 11 of 14 break points of the opponent, while personally realized 7 breaks of 15 chances. But according to the Olympic champion the secret of his success against Kyrgios has been somewhere else.

"Obviously when you play against him it is important to focus on your half of the court," said Andy, alluding for the provocations of Nick.

The Australian received a warning from the umpire Carlos Ramos for swearing loudly. The tennis player complained, that the spectators were looking for their places during the game by cristiano ronaldo and this angered him, because the arbitrator did not notice them. Moreover Kyrgios broke one racket. But he went to the chair for a rest speechless, sat and was seating with his eyes closed and covered his face with a towel.

"I think I behaved well, although obviously it was not easy. But I`m sure I`ll get over it. I wish to think that I have learned from what happened in Montreal and I`m on the right track. I learned to close my mouth, "said the 20 years old Nick after the loss.

In the second round Murray expects the French qualifier Adrian Mannarino.

No comments:

Post a Comment